1. Weigh out 45 grams of coffee and heat your water to 200F.
2. Insert the filter into the Chemex with three of the plys facing the spout.
3. Pre-rinse your filter with hot water and then dump the water out.
4. Grind the coffee medium-coarse (texture of kosher salt) and pour into the filter. Zero out your scale.
5. Start your timer and begin pouring water over the grounds until they are fully saturated.
6. Let the coffee bloom for 30 seconds.
7. Slowly add more water until your scale reads 720 grams, pouring in a spiral pattern.
8. You should be done adding water at around 3:30. Let the remaining water drip through. At around 4 minutes, remove the filter from the brewer.
10. Serve, and enjoy.