Nossa Familia Coffee is proud to be a B Corp Certified coffee roaster, signifying our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line of People, Planet & Profit.
Certified B Corporations are leaders of a global movement of people using business as a force for good. They meet the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability and aspire to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. There are more than 6,000 Certified B Corporations in over 80 countries. B Corp companies are united around the idea of redefining success in business: that companies should be purpose-driven and create benefit for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
We are proud to be a part of the global B Corp and regional B Local PDX communities. These like-minded businesses hold us accountable, push us to be the best company we can be, and have become great friends and partners. We join fellow Portland-based companies like A to Z Wineworks, Elephants Delicatessen, The Joinery, B-Line, Fully, New Seasons Market, Beneficial State Bank, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Metropolitan Group, Hopworks Urban Brewery, Green Drop Garage, Looptworks, and a number of other amazing companies in this movement.
Our ongoing commitments as a certified B Corp include:
- Purchasing Direct Trade Coffee at a fair market price that ensures our family and origin partners can continue to grow coffee for generations to come
- Purchasing 100% renewable energy at all Nossa Familia facilities
- Reducing roasting energy & emissions by up to 80% using Loring machines
- Implementing extensive Zero Waste initiatives in our roastery & cafés
- Having a local and sustainable purchasing policy to guide procurement
- Offering paid volunteer & pro-bono time for employees to engage with community organizations
- Donating at least 1% of annual gross profits to nonprofit organizations
- Progress over perfection - continually striving to improve in all areas of the company
OUR IMPACT AS A B CORP
Read the latest Progress Report on our blog to learn how our B Corp certification has helped make Nossa Familia Coffee a force for good – for people, and the planet.