Jobs at Nossa Familia Coffee
Thank you for your interest in a position at Nossa Familia Coffee! We look for motivated, self-sufficient team players who are passionate about coffee, community, and a positive work environment. We seek team members who share our values and want to help us fulfill our purpose: to deliver exceptional farm-direct coffee and create positive relationships locally and globally. Our standout team is essential in our goal to create a great coffee company that helps make the world a better place. We are proud to be Oregon's first Certified B Corporation coffee roaster, and we take our commitment to sustainability, social responsibility and environmental stewardship seriously.
We also take pride in our core values:
ABMF (Always Be Making Friends) - Strangers are simply friends we haven't made yet! We seek new connections & look for the win-win in every situation.
Build Trust - We act with honesty and integrity, and strive to be a reliable source of knowledge and support.
Live Fully! - We believe everyone should live life to the fullest - doing meaningful work, having fun, and working on personal growth.
Care - We show care throughout our Full Cycle of coffee: caring for each other, our local community, customers, farmers, and delivering exceptional coffee.
Entrepreneurial Spirit - We treat challenges as opportunities. We problem-solve and work creatively to get things done.
Nossa Familia Coffee is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees to learn and grow.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with general interest and inquiries.
Role: Cafe Barista
Location: Seven Corners Cafe, 2007 Southeast Division Street, Portland, OR, US
Seven Corners is Nossa Familia’s flagship zero waste café. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability and zero waste, and willing to push forward the message and goals of this program.
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Benefits: Retirement, PTO, health care (at 27 hours/week), supplemental/dental pre-tax, paid volunteer time, paid holidays, paid parental leave, paid volunteer hours, free coffee
We seek a diverse team and place high value on positive, motivated, hard-working individuals who may not fit the cafe stereotype. If you think you won't fit in, we challenge you to reconsider; if you lack any of the listed experience below, but you have life experience that you believe substitutes, we urge you to apply and highlight that. There are many ways to achieve experience and become adept in all items listed below—please call out your varied life experiences and apply those to the requirements listed below.
• Produce the best coffee drinks in town. Wow the customer with perfectly-extracted espresso, perfectly-textured milk, and beautiful latte art.
• Be excitable and personable when interacting with our customers. We only want the friendliest baristas in town.
• Be knowledgeable (or teachable) about specialty coffee and excited to educate our customers on flavor and origin.
• Diligent in accurately processing transactions, handling cash, and multi-tasking.
• Willing to work up to 8 hours per day; up to 40 hrs per week (note, though, that this is a part-time position)
• Willing to work any day of the week. (M-F)
• Able to lift 25-50lbs infrequently.
• Able to remain standing and stationary for extended periods of time.
• Passion for specialty coffee and Nossa Familia's business and model.
• Barista experience in a specialty coffee shop highly preferred.
• Pride in quality of product, quality of service, and cleanliness of environment--unwavering in this regard.
• Highly professional
• Able to follow the direction of your manager; comfortable being held accountable; comfortable learning to do
things the Nossa way.
• Note, there is limited parking at our locations--applicants are encouraged to bike commute or use public transit.