1. Weigh out 50 grams coffee. Heat water to 200°F. Rinse and pre-heat the French Press with the water, then dump out.
2. Grind coffee coarsely (texture of raw sugar) and dump into French press. Zero out the scale.
3. Start the timer and begin pouring water over the grounds until they are fully saturated, about 400 grams of water.
4. Let the coffee bloom for about 30 seconds, then add more water until the scale reads 800 grams, making sure the grounds are evenly saturated.
5. At the 6 minute mark, give your coffee a quick stir to reincorporate the grinds.
6. Place the lid on the press, and plunge!
7. Serve, and enjoy.