Jobs at Nossa Familia Coffee
Thank you for your interest in a position at Nossa Familia Coffee! Here at Nossa Familia, we take pride in our core values:
- ABMF (Always Be Making Friends) - Strangers are simply friends we haven't made yet! We seek new connections & look for the win-win in every situation.
- Build Trust - We act with honesty and integrity, and strive to be a reliable source of knowledge and support.
- Live Fully! - We believe everyone should live life to the fullest - doing meaningful work, having fun, and working on personal growth.
- Care - We show care throughout our Full Cycle of coffee: caring for each other, our local community, customers, farmers, and delivering exceptional coffee.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - We treat challenges as opportunities. We problem-solve and work creatively to get things done.
We seek driven and passionate people who share our values and want to help us fulfill our purpose: to build positive relationships locally and globally. Our standout team is essential in our goals to deliver exceptional farm-direct & family-trade coffee, and to create a great coffee company that helps make the world a better place.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Farmers Markets & Events Assistant
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Anticipated Hours: Part Time (approximately 10-20 hours per week, as needed)
Wage: Starting at $10/hour
Benefits: Retirement, PTO, health care, supplemental/dental pre-tax, paid holidays, paid parental leave, paid volunteer hours, free coffee
Nossa Familia Coffee is looking for a standout events assistant to join our vibrant and growing team. This person will be expected to work farmers markets on Saturdays, as well as other events, demos and catering services as they arise, on an as-needed basis. We are looking for a detail-oriented person who is able to handle stressful situations, a fast-paced work environment and able to problem solve and self-manage. A positive, can-do attitude and focus on outstanding customer service and coffee quality is absolutely essential.
Expectations for this position:
- Demonstrate a passion for coffee, community, and customer service.
- Experience in and/or passion for coffee as a product. Bonus points for barista experience - and/or customer service, catering, demonstrations, samplings, events.
- Maintain a positive and upbeat disposition and a sense of urgency when helping customers—deliver remarkable customer service at all times, without fail.
- Demonstrate excellence at problem-solving and quick thinking in fast-paced situations.
- Having entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude when it comes to taking on events.
- Detail-oriented when it comes to events preparation and setup, and unwavering punctuality.
- Collaborate with other members of the company professionally, respectfully and with integrity.
- Able to lift 30-50lb loads and work on your feet for extended periods.
- Ability & willingness to work outdoors in all-weather conditions.
- Demonstrate exemplary communication skills—in person, on the phone, by email, in text messages or when using any other communication tool.
- Flexible, with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding and sometimes stressful environment.
- Communicate effectively with others including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services. Use communication that is clear, honest and complete. Openness to critical feedback and focus on improvement is essential.
- Have excellent cash handling skills.
- Be willing and ready to be involved in every step of the events process - planning, packing, set up, execution, tear down, and clean up. Organization and cleaning up after yourself and events is a requirement of this position.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Valid drivers license and comfortable driving large delivery vehicles
- Basic math and computer skills
- Available to work on Saturdays at a minimum for farmers markets
Applications are due no later than Thursday, February 22, 2017.
If the above description is in line with your personality and you are motivated by a dynamic and growing company, where opportunities will arise and responsibilities will expand, we’d love to hear from you. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume; applications without either will be immediately discarded. Applications and questions should be directed to Karen, karen at nossacoffee dot com.